Friday, May 1, 2009

March for Babies

Last weekend John and I participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies. I decided to do it only a month prior to the walk because a friend of mine had suggested it to me. I signed up and sent out an email to my friends and family. The response was truly overwhelming. Thanks to the generosity of others I was able to raise over 1,100 dollars individually. John signed up a little later than I did as well as another friend. Through the team that we had we were able to raise about 1,600 dollars.

It felt so good to do something in memory of Lia Rose, and knowing that the money that we raised will help with the efforts to save babies. Maybe with enough research they will be able to do something about cases such as mine. Like they say "One day all babies will be born healthy." It would be a wonderful thing if that could happen.

My brother made t-shirts which came out great. I thought it would be hard to see her little footprint there on the shirt, but somehow it felt good. I know that she was smiling down on us that day some extra smiles, because I am fairly certain that she is always smiling down at us.

It was a great day with friends and family and I appreciate all the people who walked. It was a tough day, but I am so glad that I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment