Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pennies from Heaven

I found a penny today,
just laying on the ground.
But it is not just a penny,
this little coin I found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss then down,
oh how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
make a smile out of your frown.
So don't pass by that penny
when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you.
Author Unknown


As a little girl, my grandmother would find pennies everywhere. My brother and I would find the quarters, nickels and dimes. I am sure now that she saw those too, but let us find them. She would tell us "See a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck." Since my grandmother has passed away I find pennies everywhere and sometimes at moments when I really need them.

Since Lia Rose has become an angel, I often find my pennies in pairs now. I also find them at some moments that have been difficult or need reassurance that things are going to be ok. I found one on the floor in the changing room after my MRI, it wasn't there before and it was perfect timing. I also found one on the day of a district wide special education meeting when I would have to see the teacher who is due two days before I was. I found it right before I was going to walk into the room, I knew I would get through, but that time it didn't make it any easier. Yesterday, as I was signing in at the doctors office John spotted one under the reception area. I thought to myself "this is going to be a good visit"

I think of those pennies as reminders and I really do find one almost everyday many times more than one. I find them now and most times they bring a little smile to my face, sometimes a tear to my eye. It is amazing when I find them too. I like to think of my Grandma and Lia Rose playing a game to see who can send the most or put them in the best places.

Pennies from Heaven make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment